Over 25 years of professional management experience in Software Development with particular expertise in:
A proven leader with the ability to comprehend complex technologies and issues quickly, able to set goals, provide vision and strategy. A dedicated manager who delivers on commitments, is willing to take calculated risks and try new approaches. A decision maker who communicates ideas easily with clarity.
||New Opportunity Development
|Total Quality Management
|Business Graphic Group.
||2005 − Present
- Provides marketing support services, graphic design, and advertising with truly professional service.
- In business since 1989, BGG is a dedicated group of design professionals located in Pleasanton, California.
|Xbridge Systems, Inc.
||2001 - 2004
|President, CEO and Director
||Los Gatos, CA
- Re-started struggling mainframe software Development Company.
- Established focused marketing programs and built a direct sales organization.
- Re-built development and support teams.
- Provided leadership for development restructure of product.
- Generated over 5,000 leads, demonstrated to 200 prospects, & discovered a 18 month plus sales cycle
- Due to economic environmental factors and long sales cycle Xbridge was unable to sustain operations.
|EVP & GM, Development & Technical Operations||Santa Clara, CA||
- Deliver InterTrust's first production deployment ready products.
- Drive early adopter end-user experiences
- Lead transformation from start-up to mature enterprise.
|VP, Quality and Customer Satisfaction, Tandem BU||Cupertino, CA||1998 - 2000
- Lead the Tandem Division's return to number 1 in customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Drive key customer loyalty initiatives across Compaq
- Be an agent for change
|Vice President, Operations & COO NonStop Software||Cupertino, CA||1998 - 1998
- Lead transformation of NonStop Software into a SEI level 3 organization.
- Responsible for infrastructure support.
|Vice President, Marketing & Product Development||Sunnyvale, CA||
- Completed development of the CDS 2000 and CDS1 S/390 compatible hardware systems.
- Launched the CDS 2000 Enterprise Server family.
|Senior Director, Product Engineering & CIO||Cupertino, CA||
- Transformed Taligent from a Research Lab. into product house.
- Certified and shipped Taligent's CommonPoint Rel. 1 to investors.
- Rebuilt productization and test team to support Taligent's product strategy.
- Designed and implemented maintenance support process.
- Conducted market entry assessment for embedded systems vendor.
- Conducted development process and quality assessment for large OO software developer.
- Developed product architecture for advance image capture framework.
- Provided Image market segment technology & requirements outlook.
|Director, ImagePlus Systems Development||Bethesda, MD||1992-1994
- Architect of ImagePlus/2000 Strategy & Vision
- Developed and launched new Client/Server family of products
- Reinvigorated the marketplace perception of the ImagePlus brand
- Improved cycle time by 25%; productivity by 30%; through incremental development methodology
- Rightsized organization to achieve profitability
- Achieved ISO-9001 certification (first software provider in Image industry)
|Special Assignment to AGM of Development||Somers, NY||1991
- Performed development audits, reviews, & consultation
- Addressed process, methodology, quality, and organizational issues
- Enhanced development quality of Application Solutions products
|Director, Kingston Programming Center||Kingston, NY||1989-1991
- Managed 800-person software development organization
- Produced 40 individual products: operating systems, security, systems management
- Defined & sold high-end UNIX strategy
- Developed and launched two high-end UNIX operating systems (AIX/370, AIX/ESA)
|Director, System Programming Strategies||Poughkeepsie, NY||1988-1989
- Developed a 5 year Operating System strategy
- Led senior technical staff from all divisions of IBM to evaluate and recommend product directions in support of strategy
|Manager of VM/XA Product Development||Kingston, NY||1987-1988
- Developed and shipped first 31 bit commercial VM system
|Manager of Systems Evaluation||White Plains, NY||1986-1987
- Developed National Language strategy and process for IBM software
|Manager of MVS Systems Externals||Poughkeepsie, NY||1982-1986
- Revitalized system management product direction
- Defined product strategy for TSO/E that enabled it to achieve 80% market share penetration
- Represented IBM to the SHARE-wide technical steering committee
|Manager, MVS Experimental Lab.||Poughkeepsie, NY||1979-1982
- Developed extended addressing implementation for MVS subsystems
|MVS Software Development||Poughkeepsie, NY||1971-1979
- Various positions MVS operating system development (Architecture, Design, Coding, Testing, & Marketing)
|Hardware Customer Engineer||Canton, OH||1966-1971
- Hardware Customer Engineer Mid-Range IBM computers, peripherals, and unit record equipment
|Staff Sergeant US Air Force||Homestead, FL||1962-1966
- Missile Systems Analysts GAM 77 air to ground missiles, Strategic Air Command
- 20-year participation--IBM representative to several projects, including MVS, VM, and UNIX, to SHARE at large, and to the SHARE Board of Directors
To contact me with questions or comments, send E-Mail to
Copyright © 1996 - 2012, Ron Hankison. All Rights Reserved. This page was last modified -- 1/21/2012