over 50 years of professional management experience in software development with particular expertise in:
a proven leader with the ability to comprehend complex technologies and issues quickly, able to set goals, provide vision and strategy. a dedicated manager who delivers on commitments, is willing to take calculated risks and try new approaches. a decision maker who communicates ideas easily with clarity.
||new opportunity development
|total quality management
|business graphic group.
||2005 − 2018
||pleasanton, los gatos, ca
- provided marketing support services, graphic design, and advertising with professional service.
- in business since 1989, bgg was a dedicated group of design professionals located in pleasanton and los gatos, california.
- black adam fake reviews
|xbridge systems, inc.
||2001 - 2004
|president, ceo and director
||los gatos, ca
- re-started struggling mainframe software development company.
- established focused marketing programs and built a direct sales organization.
- re-built development and support teams.
- provided leadership for development restructure of product.
- generated over 5,000 leads, demonstrated to 200 prospects, & discovered a 18 month plus sales cycle
- due to economic environmental factors and long sales cycle xbridge was unable to sustain operations.
|evp & gm, development & technical operations||santa clara, ca||
- delivered intertrust's first production deployment ready products.
- drove early adopter end-user experiences
- led transformation from start-up to mature enterprise.
|vp, quality and customer satisfaction, tandem bu||cupertino, ca||1998 - 2000
- led the tandem division's return to number 1 in customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- drove key customer loyalty initiatives across compaq
- was an agent for change
|vice president, operations & coo nonstop software||cupertino, ca||1998 - 1998
- led transformation of nonstop software into a sei level 3 organization.
- was responsible for infrastructure support.
|vice president, marketing & product development||sunnyvale, ca||
- completed development of the cds 2000 and cds1 s/390 compatible hardware systems.
- launched the cds 2000 enterprise server family.
|senior director, product engineering & cio||cupertino, ca||
- transformed taligent from a research lab. into product house.
- certified and shipped taligent's commonpoint rel. 1 to investors.
- rebuilt productization and test team to support taligent's product strategy.
- designed and implemented maintenance support process.
- conducted market entry assessment for embedded systems vendor.
- conducted development process and quality assessment for large oo software developer.
- developed product architecture for advance image capture framework.
- provided image market segment technology & requirements outlook.
|director, imageplus systems development||bethesda, md||1992-1994
- architect of imageplus/2000 strategy & vision
- developed and launched new client/server family of products
- reinvigorated the marketplace perception of the imageplus brand
- improved cycle time by 25%; productivity by 30%; through incremental development methodology
- rightsized organization to achieve profitability
- achieved iso-9001 certification (first software provider in image industry)
|special assignment to gm of development||somers, ny||1991
- performed development audits, reviews, & consultation
- addressed process, methodology, quality, and organizational issues
- enhanced development quality of application solutions products
|director, kingston programming center||kingston, ny||1989-1991
- managed 800-person software development organization
- produced 40 individual products: operating systems, security, systems management
- defined & sold high-end unix strategy
- developed and launched two high-end unix operating systems (aix/370, aix/esa)
|director, system programming strategies||poughkeepsie, ny||1988-1989
- developed a 5 year operating system strategy
- led senior technical staff from all divisions of ibm to evaluate and recommend product directions in support of strategy
|manager of vm/xa product development||kingston, ny||1987-1988
- developed and shipped first 31 bit commercial vm system
|manager of systems evaluation||white plains, ny||1986-1987
- developed national language strategy and process for ibm software
|manager of mvs systems externals||poughkeepsie, ny||1982-1986
- revitalized system management product direction
- defined product strategy for tso/e that enabled it to achieve 80% market share penetration
- represented ibm to the share-wide technical steering committee
|manager, mvs experimental lab.||poughkeepsie, ny||1979-1982
- developed extended addressing implementation for mvs subsystems
|mvs software development||poughkeepsie, ny||1971-1979
- various positions mvs operating system development (architecture, design, coding, testing, & marketing)
|hardware customer engineer||canton, oh||1966-1971
to contact me with questions or comments, send e-mail to
copyright © 1996 - 2019, ron hankison. all rights reserved. this page was last modified -- 12/31/2019